During 2016, CIS Consultant Dr. Govindswamy will be offering professional development for a number of American/IB schools in curriculum design and delivery. Involved in curriculum development projects commissioned by the International Baccalaureate (IB), Dr. Govindswamy is also passionate about translating research-based best practices into effective classroom practice and empowering new teachers during orientation with the knowledge, understanding and skills needed for international teaching assignments. If your school is looking for professional development in any of these areas please get in touch at: email@example.com
Workshops and Conference Presentations – 2016 schedule
- Concept-based Curriculum and Instruction for IB PYP Thinking classroom- International School of London, Doha, Qatar, January 4th -6th.
- Making connections- Common Core State Standards and the Next Generation Science Standards – Dubai – Jumeriah Creekside Hotel, Dubai, 11th
- STEM to STEAM – The role of creative Arts in aligning to the Next Generation Science Standards – Abu Dhabi, Etihad Towers, Abu Dhabi, 13th January .
- Understanding the Conceptual Shifts in the Next Generation Science Standards – Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. January 28th – February 2nd.
- Understanding the Conceptual Shifts in the Next Generation Science Standards – Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. February 3rd & 4th .
- Engaging with Difference- Alliance for International Education Conference- Strand Leader- Teaching and Learning- Bangkok. February 24th- 28th .
- Meeting the Common Core with Intellectual Integrity – Read Aloud with Accountable Talk in the ESL classroom – American United School of Kuwait – Kuwait. March 13th – 16th.
- Understanding the shifts in unpacking the Next Generation Science Standards-, Al Ittihad School, Jumeirah, Dubai- March 17
- Unpacking and implementing the Next Generation Science Standards- March 24th -30th – Saudi Arabia.
- Whose knowledge is most worth? A Bernsteinian approach to rekindle our commitments as curriculum scholars – Paper presentation – American Association for the Advancement of Curriculum Studies – April 4th -8th – Washington D.C.
- Loosen up and let off some STEAM while unpacking the NGSS – STEM Summit – Dubai – April 29th to 30th
- Engineering Design Practices in the NGSS – Saudi Arabia – May 28th- 30 .
International Baccalaureate Curriculum Assignments
- Building a Quality Curriculum- Phase 2 (Post Authorization Services) Review and Feedback for PYP Planners – November 2015- January 2016.
- Relationship Study Report- International Baccalaureate and the Next Generation Science Standards- Engineering, Design and Technology – October-November 2015. (Commissioned by the IB)
- Relationship Study Report- International Baccalaureate and the Next Generation Science Standards- Challenges and Opportunities (Scientific and Engineering Practice, Assessments and Professional Development) January- February 2015. (Commissioned by the IB)
- Relationship Study Report – synthesizing – timeline TBC shortly.
More details about Dr. Govindswamy’s work can be accessed here: http://www.conceptbasedworkshops.org